A film without music is like a man without a soul. The problem is for a student film, you often don’t have much of a budget to spend on hiring a composer or licencing music. Though those are the best … Read More
Guest post by Nathan Ashton (Originally published on Nathan’s blog in June of 2015) “Can you make a theatrical feature film for $25K?” This is (basically) the title of a rather long thread on LinkedIn. Here is an excerpt of the kinds of responses … Read More
The finished Commercial: At the 2015 academy, we wanted to give the students even more time for hands on learning. The best way to do that would be to shoot another film in addition to the official production, but the problem … Read More
I think we all agree that sound is really important for your film or promotional. Sometimes though it’s easy to overlook the small things – like adding that little sound to highlight an action. If you have the budget, hiring a sound … Read More
“The day I stop learning is the day I quit and find a new job” – Scott Kimber Click To Tweet Last week was the annual online cinematography event hosted by cinesummit.com. They make their entire summit available for free … Read More
– My Unconventional Path to a Video Career
– How to Use ND Filters: Tips, Tricks, and Special Effects
– 10 Ways Remarkably Polite People Are More Successful
– How to convey your ideas so your clients ‘get it’
– Basic Equipment for New Filmmaking Students
– Choosing a Backdrop for Your Video
A few weeks ago we visited our 2015 academy location to do some location scouting, talk over the shot list, etc. In this video, our Logistics Coordinator Lori Kenney takes you on a little tour around the lodge! We’re stoked – … Read More
Last year James Pettett (3dartclass.com) taught a session on “Getting Started with CGI” for our Online Academy. He covered a lot of ground about using Blender (a free open-source software) to create images for composting in a visual effects scenario. … Read More
– How To Make A Good Story Great. A Super Bowl Feature.
– What Is The Secret to Being a Successful Christian Movie Producer?
– 6 Shooting Style Trends for 2015 Weddings